Four persons of a family have died after eating toxic mushroom in Syankri of Kushe rural municipality 1, Jajarkot.
A baby girl had died at home on Monday while three more have succumbed at the Karnali Provincial Hospital in Surkhet on Tuesday after seven were airlifted for treatment.
Eight members of the family of Tek Bahadur Chalaune had got seriously ill after eating wild mushroom brought from the jungle on July 24.
Tek Bahadur's three-year-old daughter had died at home on Monday while his 16-year-old daughter Ausara, 13-year-old daughter Dhansara and 11-year-old granddaughter Niruta breathed their last at the hospital on Tuesday.
Chief of the Medical Department at the hospital Dr KN Paudel said Tek Bahadur, his 30-year-old son Lalite, daughter-in-law Kalpana, 30, and a daughter are undergoing treatment at the hospital. One of them is in critical condition while three are in normal condition.
He added that the girls could not be saved because the toxins of mushroom had spread as they were brought to the hospital late
Published Date: Tuesday, Shrawan 13, 2077, 20:00:00