The non-establishment faction of the Nepali Congress is preparing to move the court again.
Leader Min Bahadur Bishwakarma said that they would go to court within a day or two.
“We will approach the court within a day or two, seeking an order to stop the Nepali Congress from carrying out or allowing organizational and ideological activities. Our colleagues are studying the matter,” he told Setopati.
On Tuesday, the Nepali Congress central election committee revised the schedule for conventions at the lower levels while retaining the timetable approved by an earlier central committee meeting, which had scheduled the party’s 15th general convention for October 2–5.
Following the decision, the faction led by outgoing party president Sher Bahadur Deuba is preparing to approach the Supreme Court.
The Deuba faction had previously moved the court seeking a review of the ruling on the special general convention, and the court had granted permission for the review.